



Tex has lost ALOT of weight. I call him yoda now due to his very thin face and ears sticking out. This is day 4 of the virus and he is up walking around running after the cat and wanting even more attention. Now I am allowed to start force feeding him food. Boiled chicken and rice and he gets the broth syringed few times a day. I have cared for this dog on the hour for 4 days now so making sure he eats so he doesnt starve is so important. He is able to keep his food and water down but its frustarting that he wont eat on his own. I guess you could say I am beginnning to get impatient and want him to be healthy already.
This has been a big lesson to NEVER NEVER NEVER get a puppy if they have not had any vaccines before 6 weeks.
The 2nd day of the virus when he was feeling almost his worst Ashes was showing signs of concern about him. He would jump the baby gate into the bathroom and paw at him and lick on his ear and poke at him. Then he would sit outside the door and watch him. We could always tell when Ashes was in there because we could here him jumping over the baby gate haha
The fist pic is of him before he was sick
No comments:
Post a Comment