Well the time is coming fast and Jamie's platoon is gearing up for the first packing. These big black boxes will hold a months worth or personal products and equipment. They will ship it over there and have it waiting for Jamie when he gets there. Nathan enjoyed hiding in them. Once the lids closes it locks and Nate knew this. It was a good 15 minutes of him closing it and then knocking from the inside yelling help. As soon as you open it, he pops the lid up fast and screams "boo" smiles, then goes back in. I told Jamie it was big enough for me.........tee hee hee. I quickly grabbed the tape to tape the tops of the bottles even though they are going in zip lock bags, I am paranoid. Shopping for this stuff was fun because I had Nathan with me and told him to just start throwing stuff in the cart. The register lady kinda chuckled when she started scanning stuff. "your husband must be deploying?"
The FRG (Family Readiness Group) meeting went well. They talked alot about the emotional and physical things that will go on during a pre-d, d, and post d. There was alot of information about children and so on. The main part was to plan plan plan and talk about things. Jamie and I looked at each other and smiled during this meeting because this is our first deployment yet, we act as if we have done this a million times. We have already been doing everything that the FRG stressed to us. It feels good to accomplish this stuff and get it out of the way so we can just wait around.
As soon as we get the date for September I will email it to ya'll. I can not put it on here for security purposes. (I dont think blogger has a privacy setting for outside viewers??)
Thank you again for all ya'lls prayers an we will keep you posted.
4 comments:
Wow...I can't believe how quickly this day has come. We are definately praying for you and your family. Keep us posted. We love you!!!
Oh man...you are handling this well. We will be praying for you. If you need ANYTHING please let us know.
Tiff, I know you will be in school and THAT, in addition to NateNate, will keep you very busy while Jamie is deployed. Your parents will do everything they can to be there for you. But always remember that extended family has you covered in prayers. If you need ANYTHING from ANY of us, just holler. Promise? Oh, and I love your blog. It really does connect.
We are proud of you all...Ya'll are troopers...!
Post a Comment