Sunday, August 24, 2008

Please Pray For Mr. Jingles

Well I have not put anything on the blog about this because I did not know the outcome. I found some blood on the floor of the morning of the 21st. I figured it was Mr. J scratching Sylas' nose, but it was actually blood coming from Mr. Js nose. He was not acting himself at all. He would not move, and sat in the same spot all morning long. I feard that Sylas' had accidentely injured him so I took him to the vet and he had a temperature of 105 with a high red blood count which indicated an internal infection. The Doc gave me Amoxil to give him and said that he had a really bad cold.
I took him home and the second day he seemed to get worse. He seriously acted as if he had some kind of brain damage or spinal problem.
I actually talked to Jamie and was scheduling to have him put to sleep today or tomorrow, but he seems to be getting better each day. The dr. said that they will act sick especially since he is so young. I also read that even though its not a side effect of Amoxil they can act tired and groggy. I cried and prayed that my little fuzzy guy would bounce back and hopefully this was just a terrible virus that was effecting him.
He threw up the evening dose of the 22nd and the morning of the 23 he would come to me when called, rub his cheeks against my hands and knees, clean himself, and even bat at toys again like kittens are supposed to. The morning of 23 through he started to go back into his old ways once I gave him his meds again. So clearly this medicine makes him really sleepy and slighty druggy acting. I brought him out of the laundry room and set him on one side of the apartment and ran to the other side this morning and he briskly walked to me. Sylas even came over and started sniffing and licking on him. Sylas layed down and Mr. J went right up under his chin and curled up into a little ball and fell asleep again.
The good news is that he is using the litter box, eating very well, and walks just fine.


3 comments:

Grma Pennie said...

Mr. Jingles LOOKS like he's saying, "Get way from me with that stinkin camera! I don't feel good and you are bothering me!!!!" Poor kitty!

Erika said...

Poor Mr. Jingles...too bad he can't just tell you what's wrong. I'll pray he gets better soon!

Anonymous said...

Tiff I am glad that Mr. J is getting better....I know that you do not need this stress right now...We love you...:0)