Friday, October 31, 2008

Trick or Treat!


What a wonderful day it was! Jamie, Nate, and I headed out for Nate's true first trick or treating. The post was crowded with kids before it even got dark. It reminded me so much of the movie E.T. Most of the people would sit in their drive ways and let the kids walk up to them for the candy. Nate was confused at first and traded candy with people. Instead of accepting or grabbing a piece he would take a piece from his bucket, put it in their bucket, and then take a piece. Jamie and I just laughed. Jamie said to Nate, "buddy your kinda missing the point here" HAHAHHAHA I thought to myself this is interesting. Yet, he had a hard time saying please or thank you. I see trick or treating as a great way to teach kids this good life lesson, but Nate felt uncomfortable and even shy which was VERY UNLIKE him. Instead of a 'thank you' he would shout, "IM BUZZ LIGHT GEAR!" There was a time where we were walking behind a little ballerina girl and Nate thought he would walk up beside her, have a conversation, and then start trick or treating with her. She walked to her house and Nate kept watching her and bumping into Jamie's leg. When we got back Jamie inspected the candy and Nate was generous and shared with his da da put some in a bag for Jamie. Nate was not interested in cleaning the pumpkin out, but he enjoyed playing with the insides. Jamie carved a cute face on it, and Nate had fun blowing it out over and over and over again like a candle. Once he realized that the pumpkin looked better lit, he sat there and starred at it.









3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oooo..What a great looking Buzz! It sounds like you guys had a great time..:)

Grma Pennie said...

I love little kids. So cute and unpredictable. The stories, the stories, the stories!!!!!

Erika said...

Sounds like an awesome halloween! I love your pumpkin too! Very cute! I'm glad you all got to be together for halloween!