Well as ya'll probably saw from the blog, Jamie came home on emergency leave for RR (two week vacation). We headed to the airport last night but there was no one at the ticket counter so he missed his flight. So we went into the "big town" and went to Applebees for dinner. Nathan was very good and had fun pretending to shake sugar packets over his food. Jamie bought Nate (and us HAHAHA) a WII for an early birthday/Christams present, so we were able to play that for one more night together. Luckily he got another flight out for today. Jamie told Nate that he was going to work for awhile. Nate said he was going to be a good boy for his daddy. Jamie told Nate that I was going to take him to McDonalds on the way home. As I am pulling up into our drive way Nate wakes up (45 minute drive) and is hystericle to find out where we were. "MAMA DADA SAYS WE GO TO MCDONALDS!" I sat there in my seat as I was about to turn off the ignition and turned around to look at him. "He did say that didnt he" Nates response "Yes he did! Mc dooonalds Mc doooonalds (swaying his body back and forth)
So there we were turning around to head back to McDs.
WOW this "second" deployment is alot rougher then the first initial one. We took a de-tour and headed to Blockbuster so he could get Kung Fu Panda. Then came home, watched it, and he was out like a light bulb.
Jamie says there is a chance that he might be able to come again for another RR either in the spring or summer of next year since he came home so early. I told him not to tell me and suprise me. I can just imagine how exciting that would be to hear a knock at the door and there he would be standing!!!!!!!!! I know I should not get my hopes up but its still excited to think about.
3 comments:
Sniff,
My heart goes out to you. And what a sweet mommy you are ... back to McDonalds!
He does love his "Donalds"....!
Wow. That sounds rough. What a good mom you are to turn around and go get McD's! I'm sure Nate will never forget that moment!
Post a Comment