Sunday, February 22, 2009

Doggie Dental (UPDATE)

Sylas did very good! They said he was great. They used gas instead of the injectable and it makes a big difference. He was able to come home at 2:00 instead of later in the day. No doggie breath!
The vet did say that the enamel on his teeth is gone. They dont know why, but looks like I will be brushing his teeth every 3 days.
He is snuggled on his bed with his blanky right now.
Well Sylas is heading to the dentist tomorrow morning. This will be the first time that I am not the one cleaning his teeth so I am kinda nervous about it. I was always there for him when he went under his anesthesia but now its going to be a stranger. Now I know how clients felt leaving their pets for surgeries or dentals. I knew they would be just fine and in good hands but when you dont know what goes on behind those doors you get a little leary.

He needs it soooooo bad though. Driving through town with the windows rolled up and a stinky Sy breathing in your face is not the most pleaseant experience.
I will post an update on the minty fresh Sy as soon as I can.

A short clip of the doggie dental procedure
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DHRGil1s0hQ

1 comment:

Erika said...

Aaahhh. Poor guy. It's like taking your child to the dentist I bet.