Sunday, April 18, 2010

Busy Weekend


























We have had a busy weekend!
Saturday morning we went to the on post Cajun Fest! Jamie had to work but Nate had so much fun riding the ponies and jumping on the bouncies. He had his first dip n dots!
Saturday evening my friend and I drove to pick up a couple new babies for the Reed house hold. Our new little beginning family members Ash and Remmy. They have already made themselves at home next to Jamie on the couch. :)
This morning we headed down to the beach with some friends. We got a late start so we did not stay long but we got to see some of the distruction from huricain katrina. Alot of mail boxes with no homes in site. Cars buried half way under the ground. People who did rebuild built their homes on these insane high stilt like structures. Very interesting..... We had fun swimming in the semi warm water. It was pretty shallow for awhile so Nate was able to boogie board safely. Towards the end of the day Jamie, Pam, and I waided out to this rock structure to get some snails and crabs. We got about 50 of them and they are crawling around in my holding tank as I type.
On the way home we saw an aligator in a water way on the side of the road. Then the guys stopped to see a large one on the side of the road.
We had a great weekend though a rough one to start and made some good memories.


4 comments:

Grma Pennie said...

...does that jeep belong to you guys? ...

Teresa said...

It looks like YA'LL had a great weekend! It appears to be hot at your Fiesta Fair..was it? I can't believe that Jamie is in his full uniform...! The beach trip looks abit more refreshing..Nate and his sand castle...you and your goggle ring head..( first pic)..!
Your new babies are just adorable. I love how thier little tails shoot straight up when they walk...And we will miss our sweet Sy Fry Guy.....(tear)

Erika said...

I wanna go to the beach! (Yes, I'm whining...) Looks like you guys had a blast!!

Tiffany said...

No that is Jamie's friend Lambs jeep. He got a $150 ticket about 15 minutes after that photo was taken. They just got back from doing donuts in the sand by the water. I guess that is a big no no there oops
Jamie wants one but I said no cause he would do the same thing LOLOLOL
Yes and the babies are getting fat I spoil them. Ash (grey) likes to snuggle and Remmy just likes to star at you and then come over and lick your hand HAHA