Saturday, September 13, 2008

Listen


Nathan 'baby' has been with him from day one. I cant recall him ever going to bed without it. There for awhile we started loosing track of baby. I got so concerned that I washed it and put it in his keep sake box. Poor Nate could not sleep or cope without it so I decided that there would be a restriction to keep baby in the house at all times. No more trips outside with baby, no more trips to Sunday school with baby. Baby was officially grounded. Couple weeks ago baby went missing. We got so busy that I never took the time to really look for it. Now that Jamie is away I have been doing alot of what I call OCD cleaning (HAHAHA) to keep me busy. I set forth on a mission that I accepted. I was determined to find this baby. I looked EVERYWHERE in the house where Nate had hidden it in the past. Pots n pans, linen closet, drawers, you name it I looked at or in it. No baby could be found so I started to panic to the point that I thought I was going to cry. So I stopped in my tracks and did what I should have done in the first place.......I prayed.....the first thing that popped in my head was, "check the dog toy box" I argued "no no it cant be in there I just picked those up numerous times last week and baby has been missing for WEEKS." So I kept looking and prayed again......."look in the dog toy box" I argued with that 3 maybe 4 times until finally I went over and looked inside the dog toy box. There it was. I picked it up and starred at it. Nathan comes over, "I FOUND BABY" and snatches it out of my hands and runs away. I was still standing there in aw. I think everyone has had this moment where they loose something. God tells us where it is but we deny it until finally we check and there it is. Wow what an eye opener. Thank you Lord for helping me find Nates baby although I was being a little too stubborn about it. :)

3 comments:

Grma Pennie said...

What a cute story!

Anonymous said...

Tiff remember that voice and learn to follow it...That is the Holy Spirit teaching you His voice...That is how He taught me...Awesome!

Erika said...

Simple lesson but something we have a hard time remembering!! God is so patient with us!!