After school we went to the grocery store to pick up some things. When we got home Nate asked me, "mom....I want to go fishing" I looked at him with beaming eyes and thought it was music to my ears. So we threw the pole in the car and headed to the pond. Easy catchers with a small hook and a blob of .......oh wait I cant tell you that would give the secret away tee hee hee Nate was very proud and did not realize we were going to eat them. Once I started cutting his prize catches to pieces he got a little emotional. Mom made an amazing bean mexican salad thinga magigee and it was soo good and dad put some out standing chicken on the grill. Sad thing is dads chicken tasted better then the fish but oh well. "Thank you Lord for blessing us with these fun aquatic creatures to catch and eat"
Thursday, May 28, 2009
Todays Catch
After school we went to the grocery store to pick up some things. When we got home Nate asked me, "mom....I want to go fishing" I looked at him with beaming eyes and thought it was music to my ears. So we threw the pole in the car and headed to the pond. Easy catchers with a small hook and a blob of .......oh wait I cant tell you that would give the secret away tee hee hee Nate was very proud and did not realize we were going to eat them. Once I started cutting his prize catches to pieces he got a little emotional. Mom made an amazing bean mexican salad thinga magigee and it was soo good and dad put some out standing chicken on the grill. Sad thing is dads chicken tasted better then the fish but oh well. "Thank you Lord for blessing us with these fun aquatic creatures to catch and eat"
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
What a great little fisherman you have there! Unfortunately, i'm a big weanie and HATE touching the bate and the fish...so our fishing trips are few and VERY far between! LOL
Rae its just like carving a pumpkin I promise HAHAHA
Did you see Nates face when I handed him the fish? He wasnt too excited about it either.
I don't eat fish but Brandon would have loved to attend your fish fry! I do love to fish though! I could catch em and you could eat em! ha!
Post a Comment