Saturday, October 24, 2009

The Fish Are Sick


Hey mom and dad this is what Nate was trying to tell you on the phone. "The fish are sick and in a bucket" "They are sick and dying" Well the truth is they are not dying I caught the 'ich' (white spots) just in time. Im supposed to have fish set up like this before introducing them to a tank but since the tank was newly set up I didnt do it. Sure enough becuase of the stress of them being shipped and getting delayed in the Nashville TN airport for another day they came down with it. I cant treat the tank becuase of the coral so luckily I was able to catch them in less then 5 mintues. Some people have to get fish traps just to catch them but I think they wanted to be saved. They have to stay in there for 4 weeks while the 'bugs' in the tank dye off. The salinity was also lowerd in their cooler from 1.026 to 1.09 over 48 hours to rid the ich in their system. Soooooo yea saltwater aquarium work just keep giving all year round LOLOLOL

2 comments:

Teresa said...

The poor fishies probably have the "swine flu bug"....I am glad that you caught it on time...:o)

Grma Pennie said...

poor little guys! they are so lucky to have such a wonderful "mommy"