Friday, December 25, 2009

Merry Christmas





Sorry folks for some reason our camera is having issues. We 'lost' the Christmas performance photos but they just showed up today....now our Christmas morning photos are gone but who knows maybe they will show up in a few days HA Well Nate got up this morning and spent a good 10-15 minutes fixing his hair. I guess it had to be just right prior to opening gifts. Then we headed down stairs and Nate opened all his gifts really fast! I got Jamie the Battle Ship game and beat him but he said I was cheating MUA HA HA HA Then it was time for friends to come over and make Christmas lunch and here is how the story began.......... Sweet potatoes with marshy mellows were simmering in the oven. They over flowed but the oven was still on. Some little voice in my head said....."that could start a fire" but I just shrugged it off and closed the oven. Bobbi was fixing the yummy green bean casserole when all the sudden there flames shooting in the oven! I quickly grab the fire extinguisher (I just showed Nate yesterday how to use it HAHA) and pull the pin and POOOF almost in my face so I am screming JAMIE JAMIE HEEEEEEELP HEEEEELP (I think bobbi was lauging because I almost poofed my face full of this stuff tee hee) Jamie comes running in grabs it and before we all knew it the kitchen was ingulfed in white dust. Bye bye green bean casserole and bobbi and I rushed to cover all the remaining food. The air was so thick with this stuff it was terrible and it started making its way to the living room. As windows are flying open the first thing on my mind MY PRECIOUS FISH TANK! so I run into the living room shut off everything and grab a sheet to cover it. Then we open more windows. CRAZY! So Jamie and Dylan were excited about emptying the rest of the stinguisher ofcourse! After a few minutes the house cleared and the kitchen was a dusted wreck not too mention my hair. We ate a big lunch of ham, turkey and all the timings, wathced some movies and took nice long naps. Next year we WONT be using marshmelllows and Bobbi said we are doing it at her house LOL All around it was a great time and Happy Birthday to Jesus

1 comment:

Erika said...

Oh wow! What an "eventful" christmas! At least you made a memory! HA!!