Saturday, April 3, 2010

SAVE THE MINNOWS


The boys went fishing and I noticed a white bucket outside by the door. I thought maybe this is like the SPCA and someone left a fish in need of a home at my front door. Then I realized it was minnows in this terrible dirty blue water with half of them swimming on their sides. I guess they decided to go cat fishin tonight. So I figured just like death row they deserve more respect then that.
So I brought them in and did a 50% water change and added some slime coat additive and a filter for oxygen then removed a couple dead ones. WOW they came alive and started swimming all over the place. They got so hyper one tried to jump out!
I have done my part.......:)

2 comments:

Grma Pennie said...

I needed your expertice this last week. My classroom goldfish (Bert & Ernie) passed away. I did everything I knew to do but to no avail. They lived for 8 months in the classroom. The petstore said that was good for 50cent fish. We miss them ... a good teaching moment...but probably won't replace them until next school year. sigh

Tiffany said...

no no no those 50 cent goldies can live years! If they both died something must have happened with the water. First check your ammonia and see where that is. You can email me at apieceofthereef@gmail.com my free bussiness help line LOLOLOLOLOLOL