Saturday, May 7, 2011

Butterfly Release!



We let all 9 of the butterflies go this morning. As soon as we walked outside they started streching their wings as if they knew what was coming. We opened the little door and waited to give them time. Most flew out right away and a couple hung around the garden for a bit. A few were left in the habitat and we finally had to coax them out. There was one left that was flying around the grass and Nate wanted to try and catch it. I think he was jelous that I was able to have one on my hand. The butterfly flew away right after the picture so I was not able to let him experience that too. :( Good news is he was happy to release them. I was worried it was going to be an emotional roller coaster but he took it very well. Me on the other hand had the good ol knot in my throat. I always get chocked up when letting animals go especially after watching them grow.

1 comment:

Teresa said...

Oh that is just to cool...have you seen any of them hanging around your flowers?