Friday, May 30, 2008

Gettin Down And Dirty Again!


Well the neighbors saw my lovely garden and want one too. I helped them decide what plants would be best in the partial shaded area. We had a BIG problem when we started removing the grass. As you can see, it does not drain well. I told them, that unless this water drains the plants will probably not make it. I made a joke and said, "Hey Lowes sells those pond plants!!!!" HA HA
Once it was filled with new soil it soaked the water up, but its just a matter of time before it rains again and all gets sweaped away.
Have any ideas mommy?

2 comments:

Grma Pennie said...

I'm NOT mommy and I do NOT have a clue what to do about your "situation". If it wasn't for my sister, I would never have planted something that didn't die!

Teresa said...

Oh looks like fun...! Slope the soil away from the curb and up to the house....dig a 6 by 8 trench along the curb add gravel...this is the most economic way of doing it...don't forget to mulch this will help keep the soil sloped...also add some plants that can take a little extra wet soil in the front....:0)