Friday, May 9, 2008




The Shriners Hospital was wonderful. There were so many fun things for him to do while he waited. After his X-Rays he was able to pick a 'baby' out of a giant tub to care for while he waited. The appointment did not. go the way I was expecting. They said that they can not do surgery right now because they want to see if his leg works itself out on its own. He is supposed to go in again on November 12 to re-evaluate the situation. They will do more x-rays and see where it is at. The Dr. thinks that if we do surgery it might make it worse or just cause him to need more surgery in the future. I was in tears!!! I was hoping for surgery to fix our little Nate, but this is what they think is best at this time. I pounded the poor nurse with questions and my concerns and she answered them to the best of her and the Dr. knowledge. Basically it looks worse then it really is so her words were. I personally do not see how walking on the side of your foot and seeing your leg grow outward is not worse then it is, but thats my first time mommy showing through. Jamie feels confident in the Drs decision and believes that they know what they are doing and all will work out. I take it out of my hands and give it all back to God and just keep praying that in the near future it will work out.
I would just hate to see our baby boy not be able to play sports or be made fun of in school. *sigh*
After my post tramatic stress (he he he) we headed out the door and got some quick lunch. "Burgrr burgrr!!" Those golden arches never seem to slip by his attention. :).

3 comments:

Erika said...

Oh, I'm sorry Tiff. But you're right, it's not in our hands...God knows what He is doing and we can ALWAYS rely on that. I feel your pain too as a mother. Nothing is ever good enough for our little babies and we hate to see them suffer...I'm sure, though, that it will all work out perfectly and Nate won't miss a beat!! We'll be praying for you!

K.Groves said...

We'll definently be praying for you Sniff! I can't even imagine how hard it would be. We love you!!!

Grma Pennie said...

TiffTiff,
Whether we realize it or not, God DID answer our prayers. He has full control of the situation and He's just saying "Hold your horses there, little ones!" "All things work together for good to them that love God".
But I do know how much it hurts to see your children go thru down times. And believe me ... being a mom doesn't stop when the kids move away. So just keep your eyes and faith on our Lord. It's All Good!