Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Sick Day



Well Nathan had a stomach bug that lasted half a day last Friday. Last night, I started feeling really achy and sick. I took my temperature and it was 100.5. Jamie was out in the field so he would not be coming home until midnight.
Nathan was far from settling down for bed, and I did not have the energy to deal with him. So, I thought the best thing would be to find something that would really keep him occupied. Then it hit me like a light bulb going off! A fort! Nate has never made a fort before. I almost got excited about the idea, and there for a second was amazed at the sudden energy I had.
He really enjoyed it, and drug all his toys underneath it. It was his little domain, and no one was aloud in unless they paid the toll. HA HA HA

2 comments:

Teresa said...

Hope that you are feeling better...Every kid loves a fort...looks like you have a really good one built there...!

Grma Pennie said...

Nothing better! Let them "hide" in just about anything, and life is good! Your cousins had a huge "fort" made out of 6 giant boxes (the size of refridgerators) when they were in K/1st grade. Ask them about it, they will remember!