Saturday, October 30, 2010

Its Candy Day
















Its tradition in our family that Nate and I clean the punkins out and Jamie carves the faces on them. Most of the time he thinks of them at the top of his head and I laugh because I think they are funny...in a good way ofcourse. 1 pumpkin this year I named, ''no comment'' Jamie said it was a cyclopse pumpkin. mmmkay



Something very interesting happened this year. All Nate could talk about what the pumpkin seeds and how he wanted to keep them so we could glue them on paper. He could care less about the carving or even trick or treating, he just wanted those seeds! He didnt even want to get his hands dirty in the goo. I think Jamie and I always have more fun with the pumpkins anywas tee hee


So Nate spent his time picking the seeds out so we will have an up-coming art project. :)


The trick or treating was crazy this year! If you ever remember the scene from ET where all the kids are out trick or treating?? Well that is what its like here on post but more like a football game just got out. Not only do the kids dress up but parents do to. Some of the houses even went all out with the decorations. Couple of houses had some really freaky people sitting with candy and I told Nate, "Trust me that candy is not worth it" Nate didnt care he walked right up and got some. "Its fake mom dont worry" Jamie and I laughed at that. Jamie wanted to take Nate all over the neighborhood (I think he was on the hunt for snickers) but I had been feeling ill all day so decided to cut through the grass and call it quits.


Though a few things I found odd and disturbing, everyone has their own traditions and ways of celebrating or not celebrating this 'event' Here at our house our mission on 'candy day' is to create the best artistic pumpkins, dress up in your favorite character, and be on the look out for Twix, Snickers, Reeces, and Hersheys. .....then hit the gym the following week :)

2 comments:

Erika said...

Wow! It sounds like trick-or-treating is quite the event on base! Did you have enough candy to hand out?? Craziness!!!! I thought our neighborhood was busy! HA!!

Tiffany said...

no we both walked around with Nate this year so we didnt do any handing out. We all cheat around here though becuase everyone sits on ther porches or at the side walk. No more door bell ringing lololol
Next year I want to hand out candy. When we got home I ran in the house and grabbed a box of fruite roll ups and handed those out for a few seconds and the kids went crazy over them so I might do that.